Sunday 5 July 2015

Mirror, mirror in my hand, tell me if you can? - Vintage mirror of unknown source


I saw this mirror which looking through the things at my antique supplier's house last night.

It certainly looks old but I suspect the mirror has been replaced. I bought it nonetheless as I liked its ornate design.

After careful inspection I have come to believe that it is made of brass. It looks very dark and has greenish spots due to age.

I can just image it being used by the lady of the house or one of her daughters. They must be from a rather well off family to be able to afford a piece like this.

Enough said, I will now let the photos do the talking.

Oh yes. One more thing. I appreciate if any of my readers can shed more light on this item as I absolutely know nothing about it. Thanks

Base of the mirror and also tip of the handle showing the ornate details



Detail photo of the stem of the mirrot


Details of the rim

No comments:

Post a Comment