Tuesday 7 July 2015

Three Tins - Success even when it has been raining cats and dogs the entire day!

I am not particularly into tins unless they are really old or the design catches my eye.

In actual fact I know next to nothing about these things other than some of them are still household name until today.

My day begins with the continuous wet weather from yesterday. Despite the downpour my friend Yusni Azman insists that we go ahead with our planned outing today - we were very successful yesterday having found several cinema chairs!

We stopped by one of his usual hunting grounds - a sundry shop just outside town. There we found several things but that will be a seperate entry in my blog later today

The weather remained over cast with occasional showers so we decided to ask the other adjacent house owners for permission to see inside.

The last house we went in belonged to a couple who despite their age remained happy and joyous. It is very obvious to me that they are leading a very happy and contented life. I envy them!

The Uncle happily invited us in and allowed to to see his things.

It is here that I found these three tins.

One is Purol medicated skin powder which I cannot find much information about on the Internet.

The other two are quite common - the Lactogen is slightly rusty but the nestum is in good condition.

Apart from buying these three items we also took time to admire their wall of fame - something that every household has - a collection of family photos collected over the years.

I can gather that this lucky couple has many children and all of them are successful from the way the Uncle and Aunty tell me about them. Again...I am envious. Some poeple are really meant to be together for the rest of their lives.


We bid farewell to the couple as the Uncle returns to his usual place outside the house where he just sits, reads the papers and then watch the world go by.

 The rain has yet to stop but we have to return home.

Today we found some things for our collection but most important of all we found out that in life you do not need to have a lot of money to be happy.
Many of us are so caught up with life that we forget that the most important things to us are at home - our family who will stick with us through thick and thin,







No comments:

Post a Comment