Monday 6 July 2015

My most trusting friend, my tenant - How lucky can a person get!

Yesterday was again very eventful for me but what made it extra special was when my tenant handed me the keys to the main door and said that I can come and go as I like. Wow! That says a lot about his trust in me! I was deeply touched.

So I am dedicating this blog to you, Mat Kelantan! Thank you very much for trusting me,

I first met Muhammad Mudzammil bin Ismail (everyone in Alor Star calls him Mat Kelantan as he hails from Machang) some 16 years ago. At that time his photograph framing shop was located on the ground floor of the now demolished Pekan Rabu.

I have been collecting old photographs (and many other things as well - too long to list) for a very long time and occasionally I would drop by to ask for his services.



He is a very joyful person, polite, deeply religious and trustworthy. No task is too difficult for him and his smile is always there no matter what.

So when the people at Pekan Rabu were in the process of being evicted, I had many requests to rent my shop but I chose Mat Kelantan. Deep down inside I knew that sharing the shop with him I will have a peace of mind.








 Mat Kelantan is very neat and tidy. His toilet in the shop is spotless. He sweeps and cleans the floor before he starts work everyday. Oh yes, he runs the entire shop alone.
Mat Kelantan in the process of preparing HRH Sultan of Kedah's portrait frame.

Again, my utmost gratitude Mat Kelantan, not just for the keys but your trust in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment