Thursday 2 July 2015

Paper bags Part II - including a wonderful gem: Large Photo Wrapper from 1940s




Runner called - more paper bags.

This one is tatty but I took it cos its an early double colour.

I wonder if anyone can tell me about Santoz shirts. These bags are so precious I had them framed immediately




These are Russian kidney strengthening tablets - I like the Jawi words


After framing I took this to the shop which exists until today. The third generation owners tell me even they have not seen this bag before - they renovated the shop three years ago and threw everything out!




This is the gem - very thin pink paper used to wrap the photographs when they were delivered to the customers.

This is a big one - the photos must have been e\large and expensive


I walked around and located 18 Jalan Raja where this shop used to operate from. Its derelict and rundown. Sad!

I guess later the photoshop became an alcohol distributor judging from the Martell inspired sunshades

No comments:

Post a Comment