Thursday 9 July 2015

Things bought at the Flea Market Friday 10 July 2015 - Vintage Betel Nut Cuttter (Item 1 of 6)

 There was a thunderstorm early this morning at 4 am. I thought to myself that my hopes to go to the weekly flea market will be dashed. Furthermore next week will be the first day of the Hari Raya and that means no market day in seven days' time,

Fortunately the rain stopped and I left my house at 615 am sharp.

My first stop is always at my favourite antique seller's stall.

I picked up his vintage betel nut cutter from him. All these while I only have those made of cast iron. This is the first one made partially of brass which looks reasonably old so i bought it despite its relatively high price.

I do not know much about it except there are some markings which I have posted here as well.

My hope is that perhaps my readers can help me ascertain its origin and perhaps even its age.

Thank you. I am off to work now and will post more later this afternoon.







No comments:

Post a Comment