Tuesday 7 July 2015

Nutmeg oil - nature's magical remedy: Fancy finding an unopened bottle made in 1950s


I found this old nutmeg oil bottle in an old sundry shop today.

The funny thing is that there was only one bottle left. It is as if the bottle was waiting for me to come pick it up.

The label has a total of four different languages - English, Malay, Chinese and Jawi.

The label says that this cure -all oil to be able cure a wide variety of ailments ranging from toothache to stomach ache.

I do not doubt its ability because until this day many people still use this oil.


Furthermore, Penang nutmeg oil is said to be the best in the world.

Many foreign tourists visiting the Pearl of the Orient is sure to take home some.

I tried to open this bottle and smell some of its vapours. I must admit that the nutmeg oil smell is still very strong. The colour is also still bright - looks like the oil has not oxidised. I am not going to use it. Its going into my display cabinet for vintage remedies,

Not bad for a day's work since this bottle was given to me free, The proprietor says that he knows I can take good care of it! Thank you Uncle.





No comments:

Post a Comment