Sunday 5 July 2015

Stunning Peacock Singing - Vintage Chinese embroidery



This piece was lying under my antique dealer's car! How on earth did it get there? I guess others before me must have been rummaging through his things and they did not bother about this and allowed it to slide away unnoticed.

I was lucky to spot it and added it to my pile among some other things (those I shall leave for another post to tell the tale).

My dealer, in his usual style of mental calculations, began summing up the things. When he came to this, he just looked at me and then said "FREE'.

I was stunned! This work of art in silk! You are giving it away! Thank you very much!
 Perhaps the reason was because the frame housing this magnificent work was in bad shape and he could not charge me much anyway. I cannot complain. It's my gain.

I shall not elaborate anymore and let the photos speak for themselves.

I shall let you, my readers, be the judge if this is really very nice or it should be given away free again!

One last thing, I suppose this was made with much love, devotion and care for a loved one - perhaps as a wedding gift? Can anyone comment please? Thank you.







No comments:

Post a Comment