Sunday 21 June 2015

An ancient Chinese Earthern jar - Motif study

I have had this jar for some time now and I think the time is right for me to share the details with my readers just in case there are other variants out there.

I welcome any feedback at traveltimes@gmail.com

 Twin dragon motif


Detailed study of the Dragon head
 The Dragon pearl


It is a four clawed Dragon


Detail of the eyes and eye brows


The traditional cloud motif surrounding the rim


View of the green glaze internal section


Some of the glaze showing signs of wear around the edges


A few hair line cracks around the edges especially in the places where the glaze is still intact


An unknown maker's mark on the base.

I wonder if anyone can help me identify this.


Overall view of the base


Detail of the base section showing wear



More of the base section around the edges


View of the side


No comments:

Post a Comment