Friday 26 June 2015

Things bought at the Flea Market Friday 26 June 2015 - Paper bag advertisinng (Item 6 of 6)




Imagine my delight when I saw this stack of old paper bags lying at the stall of one of my favourite sellers yesterday!

I heaved a sigh of relief and glad that no one had beaten me to this pile of vintage advertising

I quickly snapped them up and clutched them tightly in my arms before anyone else could take them away.




These paper bags were very popular in the past.

They existed during the time when plastic bags were not yet invented.

I always think that people in the past were very environmentally concious.



All my paper bags here are monochrome - have only one colour. This involeves the earlier technique to just allow one colour to be used in a single printing process.

Of course red was the all time favourite back then





I like this one that promotes lots of my favourite traditional food - blachan, hare ah kay and hare kow.

Yummy!


You can still find these products in sundry shops but they will not be packed in paper bags like these anymore.

And yes, I did ask the seller to bring more next week so stay tuned for more ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment