Monday 22 June 2015

Travelling in style in 1920s - Case of a Travelling Trunk




I bought this near mint condition travelling trunk about two years ago and since then I have acquired another 11 more but this first one remains my favourite as it has not been used and still has the company label inside it.


Top view







I inverted the based and this is what it looks at the bottom section - not too bad I guess





The inside paint is still very good




Best steel trunks warranted - with a ship's steering wheel.

This symbol is chosen I guess because ships were the most common mode of transportation back in those days


The label is intact!!!!! This is the best part

Warranted Best Steel Trunk
Made in England
Rassoolbhoy Allybhoy
Java Street
Kuala Lumpor




Front locking mechanism







Right brass latch







Middle brass latch







Left brass latch




Internal rivets in very good condition





Screws in very good condition






Reinforcement bars




Side view

Now the question is would you want to take this on your travels or your LV bag?


3 comments:

  1. Hi I have the same truck with an annotation on the top of the Middle brass latch. Colombo Crytal Palace W.M. Mosoff & Bos.
    Have you the same ?
    You can contact me with this Facebook page and see photo about my trunk.

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.482895811904971.1073741843.335670669960820&type=3

    ReplyDelete