Monday 22 June 2015

Case of a missed opportunity - RALIND Bicycle





When I first saw this bicycle a year ago, the words RALIND did not mean anything to me. I asked around and no one could throw any light on this matter so I left the bike where I saw it




The bike exactly where I saw it






The head badge - not one that I have seen before






I should have paid more attention to the R on the tail reflector but sadly I did not








The handle section all rusted but complete







The seat and joint section again rusted but no soldering marks - pristine



This was my last look at the bike and I bade it farewell. A week later it was gone - someone bought it.

Months later I realised that RALIND stood for Raleigh Industries - Raleigh set up a factory in the 1970s in Batu Tiga Selangor and for a short time the bikes had RALIND on them.

Regrets? Yes! I wonder who is the new owner

1 comment:

  1. Raleigh India also had Ral Ind stamped on most parts, like handle stem, brake arch, gear Crank arm, etc.

    ReplyDelete