Tuesday 23 June 2015

Hopper or Happy - Case of a mistaken identity









Many vintage bicycle enthusiasts will know the brand HOPPER. It used to be a very famous bicycle brand made in England and exported all over the world including Malaya and Singapore.









Imagine my surprise when I saw another logo that looks very much like HOPPER but instead has the words HAPPY.

I have come to the conclusion that the latter is a locally made and perhaps cheaper variant of the former. Perhaps HAPPY is targeted at the lower income segment as bicycles in the early days were very very expensive.

Perhaps my readers out there will come across their own HAPPY one day.





The HAPPY owner having a closer look at the bicycle that used to belong to his father






The owner regaling me with tales of the bicycle which was brought back from Sik, Kedah after his father's demise




No comments:

Post a Comment